Shopping Online – How Does It Work?
The Turnip Truck online shopping is designed to allow you a quick, easy shopping experience
Select your items, choose your pickup time, and then let us do the shopping for you! We offer over 5,000 products on our site
- *We currently offer in-store and curbside pickup options
- *In-store & curbside pickup times are EAST Mon to Sat: 9:45 am – 8:15 pm and Sun: 9:45 am to 7:15 pm; WEST Mon to Sat: 9:30 am – 8:15pm and Sun: 9:30 am to 7:15 pm
- *Orders can be placed 24 hours in advance
- *The minimum order is $35
- *Delivery Fee is assessed by the distance from the store you order from
- *On the day your order is scheduled, our shoppers will do all that they can to ensure that you get everything you ordered as requested
- *In-store: Pick up at our designated sites (East – side door; West – café door on Charlotte Ave); Curbside: Park in the lot and call the number for the store (East: 615-650-3600 ext. 107; West: 615-953-7075 ext. 104)
We have monthly sales and many in-house, on-going sales throughout the store. Our monthly sales begin on the first of the month and go to the last day of the month.
Helpful Tips to Get You Started Shopping
There are multiple ways to shop online with The Turnip Truck:
- *When you sign in click “Start Shopping” in the upper right side.
- *Both stores share some delivery zip codes. Both stores may pop up – Turnip Truck – EAST Woodland St. and Turnip Truck WEST – Charlotte Pike. On the left side of the screen, be sure to click the store you want to shop from
- *Use the search bar at the top and search by whatever product, brand, or type of item you’re looking for
- *Or select an “aisle” from the drop-down menu and browse by department
- *Or merely start scrolling through the items listed on the page
- *When checking out, be sure to check the box “Replace Out of Stock” if you want a substitution for an out of stock item. Then check either buttons: “Contact Me To Verify” or “Don’t Contact Me”
What if I can’t find an item on the site?
- Keep in mind that most of our prepared foods aren’t available online and we are striving to get all of items, including local, uploaded to our system. If you don’t see an item you see in the store, let us know.
- How do substitutions work?
- By default, we do not substitute items. From the Shopping Cart page, you may select “Replace Out of Stock” for any items that we may be out of and you wish for a substitution. Selecting this lets our shoppers know that you’ll accept a similar item if the original item you selected is unavailable when we prepare your order for you. You will be charged the price of the substitute item. We carry a lot of unique products and thus not all items will have a suitable substitute.
- Then click either “Contact Me To Verify” to which we will contact you to ensure the substitution is what you want; or “Don’t Contact Me.”
- Does the Turnip Truck deliver?
- Yes, we do! See our web page for delivery radius: www.theturniptruck.com/shop-online
- Does the Turnip Truck do contact-less curbside pick-up?
- Yes, we do! Park in the lot and call the number for the store
- East – 615-650-3600 ext. 107
- West – 615-953-7075 ext. 104
- Yes, we do! Park in the lot and call the number for the store
- Is there an order minimum I need to meet?
- There is a $35 order minimum for all online grocery orders.
- How far in advance can I place an order for pick-up?
- Orders can be placed up to 24 hours in advance.
- What about beer, wine, & spirits?
- Unfortunately, we cannot yet sell wine or beer through our online shopping
- How do I know if an item is on sale?
- Sale items will have the original price struck through and show the sale price below the original price. They also will show the savings amount in the bottom corner of the product image.
- Can I change the date/time of pickup for an order I have already placed?
- Please give us a call at the store you ordered from if you need to change the date or time of pickup for an order you’ve already placed. If it’s for a later date or time than your original order this will be no problem. If it’s for an earlier date or time, we will do our best to accommodate this change, but we may not be able to process the order earlier than your originally selected date & time.
- Can I review my order once it’s been placed?
- You will receive a confirmation email when you place your order that includes a list of everything you ordered. Additionally, you can log in to your account and select “Re-order.” Here you can see previous orders with the option of duplicating a past order with a click.
- Can I save an order I haven’t finished yet?
- You sure can. Once you have registered for an account and logged in, any item you put in your cart will remain there until you checkout or remove the item.
- How can I cancel an order I’ve placed?
- Please call us if you need to cancel your order.
- I received the wrong product. What should I do?
- Our shoppers will do their best to make sure you get exactly what you ask for, but we’re human and mistakes can happen. Call us at the store you ordered from East 615-650-3600 ext.107; West 615-953-7075 ext. 104 or email us at Mercado@theturniptruck.com. We’ll credit you back for the wrong product and have the right product ready for you at the store.
Billing, Payment & Pricing
- What if I would like to change my account information?
- When you sign-in to your account, select the “My Account” tab. From here you can update your contact information. You can also edit/delete your payment information.
- Can I pay for my order with a gift card?
- Our current online ordering system does not allow for payment with a gift card.
- How is the tax for my order determined?
- Online orders are taxed exactly the same as if you were shopping in the store.
- Is my credit card information safe?
- Your credit card information is never stored with the Turnip Truck and is never shared with any other parties. Card data input is replaced with an irreversible token in our system that has no value and all cardholder information is encrypted by the credit card processor.
- You will always receive the price of an item based on your pickup date.
- If an item is not on sale when you order but is on sale on your pickup date, you pay the sale price.
- If in item is on sale when you order but not on sale on your pickup date, you pay the regular price.
- Weighted Items
- For weighed items the amount you pay will be finalized when we process your order on your pickup date. This may vary slightly from the weight you selected originally.
- Buy One, Get One Free
- If an item is marked ‘Buy One, Get One Free’, you must add two of the items to your cart to receive the second item free.
Feedback We strive to offer you the best online shopping experience. If you have any compliments, criticisms, or suggestions please send them to us at email@example.com.